Netflix does a lot of things exceptionally well, but content discovery is not one of them. It’s surprisingly difficult to dig deep into the company’s library to find enjoyable new stuff to watch. Instead, users often have to rely on the not-so-user-friendly secret Netflix codes (how to enter Netflix’s secret codes).
In theory, you shouldn’t need to use these codes. The Netflix apps have a list of recommended shows that are generated by sophisticated algorithms that analyze the content you have already watched.
But what if you and your partner share a single Netflix profile? It’s one of the common mistakes people make using Netflix and will make the algorithm become confused.
Luckily, all hope is not lost. You can remove the movies and TV shows you’ve watched from your Netflix history, and prevent the algorithms from considering them when suggesting new content. So, here’s how to delete your Netflix history to improve your recommendations.
How to Delete Recently Watched on Netflix
It is easy to delete your watch history on Netflix, just follow the simple step-by-step instructions below:
- Navigate to Netflix.com and sign into your account.
- Click on the primary Netflix user’s name.
- Click on the small arrow in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- In the dropdown menu, choose Account.
- Go to My Profile > Viewing Activity.
- You will see a list of all the content you’ve watched.
- To remove a TV show or movie from the list, click on the Delete icon next to the show’s name.
Remember, if you’ve watched multiple episodes of a show, you need to remove them all for Netflix’s algorithms to stop considering them. You can either do this manually, or click Hide Series? to remove the show as a whole.
You can also edit the thumbs-up and thumbs-down ratings and older star ratings you have given content by clicking on the Rating tab in the top-right corner.
Read the full article: How to Delete Recently Watched on Netflix