Your Facebook timeline is likely to be inundated with posts that are not of your own making. That’s not necessarily a good thing; you don’t want your boss seeing a picture of your night out at the weekend, or your mum tagging you in an embarrassing photo.
If you want to keep some control over your Facebook wall, it’s important to know how to stop people posting on your timeline. In this article, we show you how to block a person from posting on your Facebook wall without unfriending them, and more besides.
How to Stop People Posting on Your Timeline
If you want to prevent other Facebook users from posting on your Timeline, you need to enter your account settings and tweak a few things. Just follow the instructions below:
- Click on the arrow in the upper right-hand corner of the Facebook homepage.
- In the dropdown menu, click on Settings.
- Using the panel on the left-hand side of the screen, navigate to the Timeline and Tagging section.
- Scroll down and locate Timeline > Who can post on your timeline.
- Click on Edit.
- To lock down your timeline, choose Only Me. Doing so will not affect your friend status with any other users.
The same section also lets you adjust who can see your timeline, edit who can share your timeline posts, and block certain offensive words from your timeline.
Finally, in the Review section, it’s worth checking the following settings:
- Review posts that you’re tagged in before the posts appear on your timeline.
- Review what other people see on your timeline.
- Review tags that people add to your posts before the tags appear on Facebook.
Turning on the three options will give you even more control over what content appears on your Facebook timeline. And if you want to go a step further, here’s how to disable algorithmic feeds on social media accounts for an even more clutter-free Facebook experience.
Read the full article: How to Stop Other People Posting on Your Facebook Timeline